Room LIB 121
- Room Type
- Conference Room
- Scheduled By
- Supported By
- Library controlled events room. This room is "Zoom ready" and has a USB cable presenters can use to tap in to the room's camera and mic system.
Computer Ports & Adapters
In this room, you can connect your computer to HDMI ports. Make sure you have the right adapter(s) before coming to class. Please note that the adapters in this table are just examples. Adapters vary by brand, color, shape, etc.
|If your computer has...||Adapter for HDMI|
|USB-C||USB-C to HDMI|
|Mini DisplayPort||MiniDP to HDMI|
|HDMI||— None —|
|VGA||— None —|
Audio & Visual Equipment
|A/V Equipment||In Room?||Notes|
Computers without a built-in HDMI port will require an adapter. You can
reserve one by calling (415)405-5555 or emailing email@example.com. Please
include the model number of your computer so you can be matched with the
Microphone equipped rooms have in-room amplification
Presenting in the Library Events room
Connecting a computer and turning on the display
- Plug your computer in to the HDMI cable located at the front of the room near the main control panel. If your computer does not have an HDMI connection you will need an adapter. The HDMI cable is the one with the blue and gray connector, shown below.
- Press the On button on the panel. The system may take a few seconds to power on.
- Make sure Laptop is selected on the panel. The button will illuminate when it it selected. If it's already selected, you do not need to select it again.
- Volume control for the laptop audio is on the main panel's volume control on a knob labelled Main
Using the side projectors to mirror the front display
- If the screens are not already down, press the down control on the switch panel between the two projector screens on the orange wall.
- Press the power On button on the panel on the orange wall. Note that each projector has its own power button.
Using the wireless microphones
- Take a microphone from the stand.
- To unmute the microphone, press the button on the front of the mic. The light will flash green when it's unmuted and red if it's muted.
- The volume control is on the front panel on a knob labelled Mic.
Using the in-room Zoom equipment
- Connect your computer to the main display as directed in the first steps at the top of the tutorial
- Plug in the USB cable to your computer. If your computer does not have any USB A ports, you will need a USB C to A adapter.
- Open the Zoom application and start your meeting
- In the sound menu (the arrow next to the microphone icon), select "Scarlett Solo" audio device as your audio input. This will connect your computer to the wireless mics in the room.
- In the video menu (the arrow next to the camera icon), select "PTZ Optics" as your camera. This will connect your computer to the camera located on the center pillar of the room.
Request Additional Help: